Sturminster Newton Christmas Producers Market & More
The producers markets are an established 6 monthly event. We have many local and regional food producers on site along with craft, jewellery and gift producers again with much of their offering being locally produced as well as hot food and Mulled Wine & Cider. The Market will be in a pedestrianised area and situated on this beautiful North Dorset Towns main shopping street “Station Road”. Always a popular event and great for families.
Just take a look at some of these great highlights – This small town has a BIG Christmas offering to keep the whole family busy ALL DAY with many of these highlights free to enter or see –
- Free parking all day in both car parks.
- 9.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m. Classic Car and Motor bike owners meet at Poets Corner – parking in the Station Road Car Park
- 9.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. Crafts at The Exchange
- 10.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m. The Anonymous Travelling Market with a range of produce in Station Road
- 12.00 noon to 1.00 p.m. William Barnes School Choir performing in the Railway Gardens
- 1.00 p.m. to 4.00 p.m. Father Christmas will be in his grotto outside The Exchange by the Railway Gardens with a gift for all children who want to see him
- 1.00 p.m to 3.30 p.m. Christmas Lantern making for children in The Methodist Church.
- During the afternoon the High School Choir will be signing in the Railway Gardens
- 4.30 p.m. Father Christmas switches on the lights on a tree in the Railway Gardens
- 4.30 p.m. Father Christmas leads children in the Lantern Parade from The Exchange up to The Town Christmas Tree in the Market Square
- 5.00 p.m. switching on the lights on The Town Christmas Tree by Father Christmas – This will be followed by a Nativity Scene Tableau outside the Swan put on by Churches Together and carol singing.
And if you still have some energy left the Sturminster Choral Society have a concert of seasonal music at St. Mary’s from 7.30 p.m. (tickets £10
On top of this all of the local shops bars and restaurants will be open too.